The small center owes its name to San Bellino, patron saint of the diocese of Adria and Rovigo, bishop of Padua and killed nearby Rovigo in 1147. The remains of the Saint are kept inside a precious polychrome marble ark, in the seventeenth-century Basilica located in the main square of the town.
The numerous villas and rural courtyards that are located throughout the area dating back to the 16th-17th century are the result of the presence of noble Venetian families who worked on reclamation works.
Among these, Villa Ca’ Moro located near the Canalbianco and near the pedestrian path “Canalbianco”: a large agricultural courtyard with the characteristics of the Venetian villa, including the noble chapel. Dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of Health in use, in the past, also by the locals.